The Sindh High Court (SHC) has adjourned the hearing of the pleas of actresses Kubra Khan and Mehwish Hayat in the defamation case against Adil Raja for running a malicious campaign against them till February 24, TV channel 24NewsHD reported on Thursday.
The court held the hearing on the applications of Kubra Khan and Mehwish Hayat, and the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), the federal government and the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) submitted their responses.
Judge Nainmatula Fulpoto asked the investigating officer, “The court has ordered the removal of the material of the past hearing. Was the content removed?”
The public prosecutor replied that Mehwish Hayat’s statement has been recorded, while Kubra Khan’s statement has not been taken yet.
The PTA has been directed to remove the content and some related content has been removed, while the rest will be removed soon, FIA Cybercrime investigation officer said.
The PTA informed the court that the competent authorities had been contacted regarding the removal of the content abroad.
The investigating officer said the FIA has started an investigation by issuing complaint numbers. The content will be taken down soon and an investigation will be conducted.
After that, the court sought a progress report from the PTA, the Federal Government and the FIA and adjourned the hearing of the case to February 24.
It is pertinent to note that Mehwish Hayat, Kubra Khan approached the court against the malicious fabricated and frivolous allegations of Adil Raja.
Reporter: Bilal Ahmed