- Advertisment -
HomeNationalMicrosoft 365 Copilot lets users harness the power of artificial intelligence for...

Microsoft 365 Copilot lets users harness the power of artificial intelligence for everyday tasks MIGMG News

- Advertisment -

Migmg news

Tech giant Microsoft is leaving no stone unturned to offer the best in AI technology to its users. At the Future of Work event on Thursday, the company launched its Microsoft 365 Copilot, which augments workplace productivity tools with the power of generative artificial intelligence. Copilot uses the power of Large Language Models, Microsoft Graph and Microsoft 365 applications to offer the most profitable solutions for individual and business needs.

Microsoft claims that the new Copilot will allow users to unleash creativity, unlock productivity and high-level skills. “Unlock a new wave of productivity growth with the powerful Copilot designed to take the drudgery out of the everyday task of work to rediscover the joy of creation,” said CEO Satya Nadella when introducing the company’s latest offering.

According to Nadella, when it comes to artificial intelligence, it is the beginning of the next step in the journey of powerful foundational models and capable co-pilots through the most universal interface. Microsoft 365 Copilot is integrated into productivity apps and will help millions of users who rely on apps like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc. to perform their daily tasks at work.

Moving from autopilot to copilot

“With Copilot, the customer is always in control. Customers decide what to keep, change or discard. With these new tools, people can be more creative in Word, more analytical in Excel, more expressive in PowerPoint, more productive in Outlook and more collaborative in teams,” the company said.

With the latest Copilot, users don’t have to worry about writer’s block when it comes to writing, editing or summarizing content in Word. Interestingly, Copilot keeps the user at the center and offers more control.

In PowerPoint, users will be able to turn their ideas and concepts into a designed presentation with simple natural language commands. According to Sumit Chauhan, Microsoft’s corporate vice president, most users use only 10 percent of PowerPoint’s capabilities. However, with the new Copilot, they will be able to optimally use the remaining 90 percent of the application’s capabilities. From pulling relevant images to formatting slides, Copilot can assist users in making their presentations.

When it comes to Excel, Copilot helps users unlock insights, identify trends, and create professional-looking data visualizations. Meanwhile, in Outlook, it allows users to synthesize and manage their inbox to reduce time spent on tedious tasks and focus more on communication. In Microsoft Teams, Copilot enables users to make their meetings more productive by offering real-time summaries and action items in the context of ongoing conversations.

In addition, Copilot also powers the low-code platform – Microsoft Power Platform. Copilot will help developers of various skill levels to accelerate and streamline application development with Power Apps and Power Virtual Agents.

Microsoft Business Chat

The company also unveiled its Business Chat feature that works across all Microsoft 365 apps. The feature uses the Microsoft Graph to bring together email, presentations, documents, notes and contacts into a single interface in Microsoft Teams to create summaries and much more.

Microsoft said Microsoft 365 Copilot was built in compliance with its existing data security and privacy commitments. It said Copilot’s large language models are not trained on customer content or individual requirements, adding that it will deliver enterprise-ready AI at scale.


- Advertisment -

Most Popular